Saturday, December 10, 2016

Santa fused glass ornaments


The Santa ornament above was hand painted with Glass Line Paints on a single layer of red
opal glass. It was fired at 1425 for 15 min hold time. I'm not sure why the white crackled but in this case I like it. It gives it more character. I wire wrapped these to create the loop. Each one ends up with its own expression and individuality.

I also did three with frit and scrap bits of glass and just painted a simple face. These were also fused at 1425 to a nice contour fuse. I need to perfect the faces on these. A couple were round buttons of already fused glass and one was a rough cut piece. I'm thinking next time I cut the face from white straight across on top and bottom and on the sides cut to the angle of the triangle. I guess that would be a trapezoid. Up to now all these ornaments have been experimental. Just one step in the perfecting and design process.


No comments: