Thursday, December 15, 2016

Angel Ornaments

This is my first angel designed ornament. It is all clear glass except for the halo which is an opal glass. The rest of the angel is hand painted with Glass Line Paints using a damp brush for the large areas. For the smaller details I use the metal tips on the paint bottles. Next time I will simplify the face, especially the mouth, with a much finer line. I fired this using a soft contour schedule which retained a little of the overlapping form.


These are my second simplified Angels. They are made using 4 pieces of glass where the above angel is seven pieces. I use the triangle as the main shapes for the body and the wings. The wings are one triangle turned upside down and placed under the body piece. I cut the tip off the top of the body section where the head butts up to it. Then the head and halo are two more separate pieces. The body pieces on these are white opal glass as is the face, with clear wings. All the color is done with glass line paint and a real gold pen that is fired onto the glass. Some of the angels I drilled holes into for hanging and other I wire wrapped.

No comments: