Thursday, December 8, 2016

Christmas Ornaments

Worked on some Tree ornaments this week. I hadn't cleaned my work table up from the last couple projects so I decided to use up some scraps that were laying around. Started with some green tinted transparent glass. Cut some triangles and decorated abstractly with scrap glass. I full fused them and drilled holes in them with a diamond Dremel tip. I was so amazed at how easy it was to drill through glass.


I tied 1/8 inch red ribbon through the holes and hung them on a display rack.

The next night I decided I wanted to do some more but used a contour fusing schedule in order to leave some texture. I made these a little larger and only used one base layer of white Opal glass then I added various frits, scraps and powders as the embellishing layer. They fired pretty well at 1370 for 10 minutes and then to 900 for 30 minutes. Next time I will try 1400 to get a little more rounding. I am using the Bonnie Glo Fiber Kiln.

I did not drill these. Instead I did a wire wrap technique to create a hanging system. To see a video I made on this technique go to

No comments: