Saturday, October 29, 2016

Older Painting Finally Finished

"The Blue Cabin"…16x20 Acrylic on Gesso Board

The painting above is finally finished. I started this in our motor home last summer in Montana. It sat around in my studio at home and I had lots of time to view it and decide to make changes to improve the composition. I will show you the original scene and the initial painting below. See if you can figure out the changes in the first painting and the finished one and figure out why I made the changes.

Original Photo
Initial Block In Painting

Hope you can see how a mundane photo can be a starting point for a more interesting painting. Just figure out what you liked that made you take the photo in the first place. Then figure out how to make your eye go to the center of interest and make your shapes and values interesting.

No comments: