Saturday, October 8, 2016

Please fill in your email above to subscribe to my blog.

Fall Colors.....Fused Glass Platter

It was the right time to use my special piece of glass I've been saving. With Fall in the air these colors are perfect. I decided to make this 9x12 platter to show off the contrast between the transparent glass and the opaque glass. IM happy with the outcome.

I also made this smaller plate that can be a cheese plate, a candle plate or just a decorative piece. I hand made the glass designs with glass powder and fused it then I slumped it in the same mold as the platter above. Being that the piece was much smaller I placed it crosswise in the middle of the mold. This way I made use of my mold to make two different dishes. As you can see in the second photo it can also stand on edge for a free standing decorative piece. I will use this idea in the future to make a decorative floral or landscape.

 

 

No comments: