Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Please sign up by filling in your email above to subscribe to my blog

My Painting and Fused Glass Sketch Book

This is how I sketch my ideas for fused glass and painting. I use the "53 Paper" app as my sketchbook. It is with you always on your phone or your iPad. Because I use the Pencil with my iPad Pro it is a fantastic sketching tool in the studio or on the run. These ideas are for my next glass experiments.

The ideas are not necessarily the art but how to use a mold I already have for other shapes and sizes of glass. For instance I use a 9x12 platter mold and place a piece of glass crosswise across it to make a free standing art piece or candle shield. I also am going to try and make a snapshot photo holder by using the same mold and placing thick fiber paper between two pieces of glass to make a slot for the photo. The 53 Paper app makes it easy to handwrite notes and make diagrams. You can also bring in photos and make arrows and notes around them.

 

No comments: