While my last project is in the kiln slumping I have now started a palette knife painting of some of my spring roses. I have never taken a class in this method but I have done a couple of these on my own a few months back but using Aloe Vera Gel. Now I’m using VitriGel which I like much better and its not that much more expensive then Aloe. Below are some photos of the beginning steps of this project. I will add more photos as I move along in the process.
|My photo photoshopped with background stuff removed and vase shape changed.|
|Quick tracing of roses.|
|Bullseye glass of clear and vanilla overlaying tracing.|
|Palette Knife painting in process.|
Check back for updates on this project.
Finally got back to this project after the holiday weekend. I finished up the roses and added some leaves. I found a piece of black glass in my stash and decided to use that for my base color. I’m not totally committed to the black yet. I have a long wait until I can get some more clear frit for the top layer. Everyone is out of stock. So I’m still deciding whether or not to just fuse this piece without the clear on top or not. So again keep checking back for the finished piece.