Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mandala Bowl

My newest project using the Vitrigel product by Michael Dupille.

Here is a step by step photo version of the project.

The first step cutting the circle of glass and creating my design. I just hand sketched the design with a fine sharpie marker. Later on in the process I added more detail to the design.

The next step was painting the design with the gel & glass powder.

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3

Step three photo 3 is what it looked like after fully dried.

Step four below is the piece fully covered with clear frit and ready for the kiln.

Step 4
Step 5

Step 5 is after first full fuse. As you can see the sunshine yellow kind of disappeared into the green base glass. So on to a second fuse.

Second fuse after I added more yellow and more details in photo below.

The piece is in the kiln slumping in a wavy bowl mold. I will update this blog entry as soon as it comes out of the kiln .

Step 6

No comments: