Sunday, September 4, 2016

Please fill in your email above and submit to subscribe to my blog. Thanks.

More Aloe Vera Painting on glass


The photo above shows my artwork on the right that I drew on the iPad and printed out. I placed it under a clear piece of glass 5x6 and began to paint with white glass line paint and filled in with aloe Vera gel paint I made using aloe Vera gel as a medium for the glass powder.

The photo above shows the finished piece before fusing.

The photo above shows after firing. The white glassliner paint worked out well. The yellow powder paint could have been slightly brighter but this nice watercolor effect is subtle and acceptable over the black. The red powder paint got lost so use brighter and lighter colors over black. Also I figured out the red disappeared because I forgot it was a transparent red. Only use opaque glass over black. Dah! I did do some shading with black and white powders over the yellow but a lot of the black was just show through from the base glass. Also don't use the glassliner paint over the powder paint even if you let it dry thoroughly. It will fire rough and pitted and will not be as shiny or smooth as the powder paints. I think I will try the powder paint with the metal tips I use for the glassliner paint and see if that works better for drawing and outlining. Overall I think this experiment was successful and I will keep trying to perfect my technique.

 

 

No comments: