Thursday, April 28, 2016

Recent Work

Cabochons and Panel

This piece out of the kiln this morning. I tried using Bulleye 90 Coe for the first time. I used a pre cut clear circle with irid black gold and plain red with course opal cloud frit. The black around the small diamonds is from the black base of the gold irid. It flows where as the irid coating does not spread. The black makes a nice outline. I fired it at the slow firing schedule provided by Bobbie Glo Kiln manual. It seemed to work good. This will remain a panel unless I get a shallow bowl mold. It looks nice in a plate stand.

 

Yesterday I made these cabochons. Pretty happy with them but I had to cold work 3 of them as they flowed somewhat unevenly. One because I used white glass that is softer and flows more and the other two because I had one area that was 3 layers which spread more also.

 
 

 

No comments: