Thursday, February 23, 2017

Acrylic Paintings

Back to painting again. I love willow trees and saw many on our trip to Canada. I was in my kayak and had to paddle underneath this one. I thought it would be a challenge to paint and feature the light and shade it created. This is 16x20 acrylic on Gessobord.

I am presently working on this desert scene of White Tank Park in Arizona. This is the beginning stages. I used quinacridone magenta for my underpainting. I'm working from a photo I took in the middle of the day which lacked light and color. I decided to make it more of a dramatic sunset time of day.


I decided to add the saguaro cactus in the foreground from another photo. It helps to add a better focus area.

The photo above is the next days work. The values in the foreground are still not right. The ground needs to be much lighter heading in towards the cactus. My next painting session will be adjusting values and highlighting certain areas around the focus area. I will update this post when the painting is finished.

Here is the next step of the painting. Close to the end. Need to look at it for a week and see if it needs any changes.

No comments: