Monday, May 23, 2016

Please sign in your email address to subscribe to my blog

Iridecent fused glass project

Working with Iridecent glass is quite different then normal glass. The irid coating does not stretch or melt the same as the glass. When other glass is placed on top of the irid glass it puts pressure on the irid coating creating a wrinkled texture. The irid is the medium Amber base on top of a clear circle. I used the same amber irid on top of the orange petals and it combined and created a darker irid rust color which I was happy with. This project slumped into a shallow bowl. I left the design in a soft contour.
 
The painted test strip above was done with Glassline paint. I accidentally put this piece in with the sunflower piece above at a fusing schedule less than 1500f so the paint did not fire correctly. It came out dull and cracked and I think the pink color was supposed to fire much darker in hue. I'm going to try and refuse it at 1500f and see if it will smooth back out. If not it was a test strip that failed. At least I didn't try it on a big project first.
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: